Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sculpture by the Sea wants ME!

I have had exciting news. My proposal for Sculpture by the Sea has been accepted! I'll be exhibiting my Gokko-Neko and Gokko-Inu sculptures around the cliff face of The Boot as you approach the Icebergs. This means I'll be a busy bee but there's nothing like an imminent deadline for motivation. I'll also be making a small inflatable piece for the SxS indoor exhibition. In the mean time I have managed to squeeze in time to complete Gokko-Uma (Make Believe Pony). This piece is based on the timeless kids character "My Little Pony", hope you can tell!. My first pony is being exhibited down in Melbourne at the Toorak Village Sculpture Exhibition at Weideman by Douglas Clarke, 474 Toorak Rd. The show runs till the 31st May. I'm still juggling work with teaching and I am very excited to be one of the first guest teachers to run at workshop at Jane Sawyer's Slow Clay ceramic studio in Melbourne. I've had so many enquiries from Victoria that I've decided to finally make it happen. The printing on clay workshop will run on Sat 14th & Sun 15th of July, 2012. Feel free to get in touch with Jane if you're interested!. 
Another great event scheduled for this year is the Keane's Open Day. This year they are raising money for Lymphoma in the memory of their sister who fought a hard battle with it last year. There's always a diverse range of demonstrations at the event and this year it will be held at Brookvale T.A.F.E. My gig is surface design which will include printing, slip decorating, and under glaze decorating. It's on Saturday 30th June from 10 - 2pm and best of all it's FREE!. I haven't scheduled my regular workshops at The Workshop Arts Centre yet but I'm sure I'll be running a Printing on Clay and Mould Making Workshop in the July holidays. Keep your eye on my FB page for details.



No comments: